Friday, March 6, 2009

There was no avoiding it.....

Well, the inevitable happened. Scott started with the Bug yesterday afternoon and it was in full force by evening. I had a good idea I was on my way down the same road....rumbling tummy & all, however I refused to let my Chicken Nachos go to waste so I ate them anyway. Sometime around 11pm I attempted a dose of Pepto Bismol before bed but by 1am I was camped out in the bathroom. I'd take just about any sickness over throwing up. The whole while I couldn't stop thinking about Saige, the poor thing had been going through this for days and there I laid on the bathroom floor complaining about the past 3 hrs!?! Not to mention I'm a grown adult who is aware of why it's happening. I slept on the floor until 6am when I heard Saige wake up, it was then that I opened the medicine cabinet to reach for more Pepto and saw my savior, ZOFRAN!! It was like the gates to Heaven had been opened up and I was saved...lol. I totally forgot that I had some left over from a previous illness. I allowed the small tablet to dissolve slowly, savoring every last bit of it. I made the baby a bottle and finally headed to bed. Luckily Scott was feeling better by the morning b/c someone needed to tend to Kaylee and get her to school again. I woke up somewhere around 11am and felt 50% better. I've yet to eat anything & still have severe doubling over pain but as long as nothings coming up...I can handle it! I am so ready for Spring! I spent the entire day yesterday disinfecting everything...even opened the windows and let the place air out for an hour, and now It feels like it all needs to be done again! I'm praying Kaylee has been able to avoid the whole thing, being that we haven't had a whole lot of close, snuggling contact this week and she's been washing her hands like crazy!! Scott changed every ones sheets this morning and washed all of the girls blankets, I opened up new toothbrushes for everyone and sterilized all of the baby's bottles and Binky's, we've wiped down just about every hard surface possible including light switches and remotes. I'm determined to nip this bug in the butt...NOW!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristin i feel so bad for you guys! poor saige.....thats the worst for a child, i think even worse for the parent. i cant handle needles and my children....wow, poor little baby :[ well i hope everyone is feeling better and stays better! i'll say a prayer for kaylee :)......i'll be sure to stay FAR away for a little while, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is another good day to open the windows and let the fresh air in....hopefully everyone is well on their way to recovery. I hope the guys are not doomed this week too :-) Poor Scotty, I did not know he was sick too until I read your post and then Scott told me he was sick. And nothing worse than when mom gets sick ~ we hold the whole kitten kabootle' together! Everyone FEEL better already your family has had enough!

    <3 Diane

    ReplyDelete