Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wedding Plans

We are still in the planning stage of the wedding. For those of you who haven't heard, we will be getting married on May 16th of 2009. We are traveling down to Bald Head Island, in North Carolina with my parents & sister's family to have a beach side ceremony. I bought my dress a few weeks ago and just got the girls their flower girl dresses. The men will all be in Tuxes and we will all be, much to my fathers despise...barefoot! lol (: The ceremony will be officiated by an ordained minister who has already been wonderful to us. We used bits & pieces of sample vows he gave us plus added some of our own verses. We will spend the week there after the wedding, in a beach house that my parents have rented...I rarely get to see my family so I'm super excited for all of us to be on vacation together!!! Even though this wedding is a quarter of the size that one would of been had he had it local, it's still requiring a ton of planning and time...I've been pretty organized and hope I have at least the basics covered. My nephews will both be the ring bearers and I wanted to include them in the ceremony by having them each hold the actual rings to give to us at the appropriate time, however the thought of them carrying the real ring on a pillow scared my sister half to death!!!LOL...She reminded me that it's not going to be a church floor that would be easy to locate a dropped ring...ha ha ha and that sand would pretty much mean we had lost the ring forever! With that in mind I have picked them out little treasure box type ring holders and hope that keeps the risk to a minimum (: Kaylee came up with her own idea, one that I truly loved...because she won't be throwing flowers like usual, she asked if she could throw seashells...I was so shocked that she came up with such a great idea!! So we have ordered her a small ivory, tin beach pail and 3lbs worth of small white seashells & sand dollars. The closer we get to this magical day, the happier I am that we decided to do it this way. Our wedding will be unique ~ just like us....Well, the baby says it's time for dinner...I'll keep updating as things get closer!!

3 comments:

  1. your wedding sounds so intamite and beautiful! i cant wait to see pictures!
    i think you go to the side on your layout tab....i believe its "add page element" then you can name it and add the sites of everyone. then you can edit it when ever you want to add a new one. its easy, you just have to go figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the pictures of the girls? I tried posting comments after the initial posts but for some reason your blog would not let me. Anyway, I will try again...The blog is looking good. It is a great way to keep everyone up to date with how much the girls are growing especially to your famililes that live far away.

    Sounds like the wedding plans are coming along nicely ~ you will love being barefoot :-) and you better make sure even with the ring boxes that they are tied to a string that is attached to the box just "incase". Do not want everyone on their hands and knees digging thru the sand looking for them (be sure to bring small shovels and pails for the "incase" :-) ). I am sure the wedding will be very special for the four of you>

    <3 ya

    ReplyDelete